Red Candy Apples

"Red Candy Apples", photo by Constatin Barbu

Wow, It's been a long time since I've worked on Treats of Sweets. I think an entire year has gone by and what changes my life has taken! No longer living in Florida, we've moved to the Pacific West Coast! I don't think we could have ended up more opposite to move unless we ended up in Japan! LOL!

Life here is much more simpler for me, more laid back, and I'm in a more creative environment which I love. It allows me the peace I want to explore so many new things! And one of them is my love all things sweet. When I was looking for a quick recipe to share, I came across this luscious photo of red candy apples and I just had to post it. I had to research a recipe for this and I found quite a lot. But, I wanted one that would be easy for someone like me to make! So here it is!

Ingredients:
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. red coloring
6 apples
6 sticks

Directions:
Wash and dry apples. Cook 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup corn syrup, and 1/2 cup water to 300 degrees or hard crack stage. Remove from burner and add 1/2 teaspoon red coloring and 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon. Cool slightly. Place apples on sticks and dip one at a time into syrup, twirling to remove excess syrup. Place cupcake holders for a dramatic finish!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

 


 

3 Foodie Groups

Soups, sandwiches, and salads just seem to go together!