Choco Goody Bars for Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day! I know it's been about three months since I've posted and I would say I'm sorry for that, but to tell the truth I get tired of apologizing for not posting because most of us part-time bloggers understand that a lot of stuff gets in the way like work, family, and outright uninspiration. Yes, I said it! I love my blogs, cooking/baking but sometimes I don't like the posting part. It takes research, photos, recipes, and writing which means for me I have to think and my days are so full that at the end of it, I don't want to think! LOL!

Tonite, after I finished working, I starting thumbing through "Off the Shelf Baking" cookbook (page 108) looking for something for Valentine's Day when I came across this recipe. Since I simply can't let the holiday go without chocolate, this is perfect. I'm also thinking of making a healthy dessert too so I don't feel so guilty...

I love chocolate bars, it's that little bite that I can nibble on with my hands while I'm at my desk. I don't mind my fingers getting all chocolately either! I know my hubby will love these too!

Ingredients: 
1 19.8-oz. pkg. fudge brownie mix
1/2 c. cooking oil
2 eggs
1/4 c. water
1 16-oz. can vanilla frosting
3/4 c. chopped peanuts
1 12-oz pkg. semisweet chocolate pieces (2 cups)
1 c. creamy peanut butter
3 c. crisp rice cereal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of the plan. Grease foil; set pan aside.

In a large bowl, stir together the brownie mix, oil, eggs, and water. Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Frost bars with vanilla frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and refrigerate about 45 minutes or until frosting is firm.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine chocolate pieces and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted; stir in cereal. Spread over frosting. Cover and refrigerate about 45 minutes more or until chocolate layer is set. Use foil to lift out of pan. Cut into bars. Store in a single layer in a covered container in the refrigerator.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

 


 

3 Foodie Groups

Soups, sandwiches, and salads just seem to go together!